The Chairperson shall:
- Preside over the sessions of the Typhoon Committee.
- Consider the Annual Operating Plan submitted by AWG and recommend approval, if appropriate, to the TC at its next meeting.
- Provide guidance to TCS, if necessary, on implementation of the Annual Operating Plan, in consultation with the Vice-Chairperson and other guidance to the TCS as appropriate.
- Direct the resource mobilization programme and accept grants on behalf of the Committee in consultation with TCS and parties concerned.
- Carry out such specific duties as are prescribed by the decisions of the Typhoon Committee and by the Statute of the Typhoon Committee and Rules of Procedure of the Typhoon Committee.
- Decide on behalf of the Typhoon Committee, after consultation with the Vice Chairperson, TCS and concerned parties, in accordance with the Statute of the Typhoon Committee and Rules of Procedure of the Typhoon Committee, on any recommendations, when the Chairperson considers that such actions, in the interest of the Committee, cannot be deferred until the next session of the Typhoon Committee.
- Represent or appoint representative(s) on his/her behalf to represent the TC at external functions, pending on availability of resources and approval of the Typhoon Committee.
- Decide the venue and time of meetings in consultation with the Secretariat, hosting Member and parties concerned.
- Maintain files of his/her official correspondence as Chairperson of the Typhoon Committee and send copies of this correspondence to the Secretary of the Typhoon Committee.
The Vice Chairperson shall:
- Serve as the Acting Chairperson for a period not to exceeding the remainder of the term, with the same powers and duties as the Chairperson, if the Chairperson of the Typhoon Committee is not capable to carry out the functions of that office.
- Assist the Chairperson in providing guidance to TCS, if necessary, on implementation of the TC Annual Operating Plan.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Chairperson and the Typhoon Committee.