In order to coordinate efforts on various areas of research on tropical cyclones and their impacts on the socio-economic development process in the Typhoon Committee Area, the Typhoon Committee has established the Training and Research Coordination Group (TRCG) with the following Terms of Reference and operational modalities.
The TRAINING ANG RESEARCH GROUP (TRCG)of the Typhoon Committee promots the research and training activities on various aspects of tropical cyclones analysis, forecasting and assessment of tropical cyclones and their impacts on the socio-economic development process and encourage cooperation of efforts among the Members. Towards this end, the TRCG is expected to assist in:
- Identifying scientific and technical problems in the analysis and forecasting of tropical cyclones and their impacts on water resources and measures for disaster prevention and preparedness;
- Facilitating the exchange of experiences and knowledge on latest development and techniques related to the above problems;
- Initiating activities and programmes aiming at improving the technical capacity and capability of Members to better serve the people in the region; and
- Recommending to the Committee priority areas and long-term plans for cooperation in research and training in support of the various KRAs of the Committee’s Strategic Plan.
ACTIVITIES of the WORKING GROUP
The Major activities in 2009 of TRCG:
- TRCG Technical Forum
- Research Fellowship
- Training Attachment to Major Operational Centres
- Roving Seminar