In order to coordinate efforts on the implementation of various activities under the Meteorological Component with the aim to better support the socio-economic development process in the Typhoon Committee Area and to help accomplish the meteorological related goals and objectives in the Strategic Plan, the Typhoon Committee has established the Working Group on Meteorology (WGM) with the following Terms of Reference and operational modalities.
The WORKING GROUP of METEOROLOGY of the Typhoon Committee will promote cooperation among the Members in the implementation of activities under the Meteorological Component of the Committee’s Strategic Plan with the aim to support the socio-economic development process and enhance cooperation among the Members in all the three components. (Training and Research are incorporated as part of these three.) Towards this end, the WGM is expected to advise and assist the Committee in:
- Identifying priority issues and areas of cooperation in the Meteorological Component
- Promoting and facilitating the exchange of experiences and knowledge on latest developments and techniques related to the above issues and areas;
- Coordinating and implement priority activities and programmes of the Committee aiming at strengthening capacity of the Members in meteorology;
- Mobilizing resources to carry out priority activities of the Committee related to the meteorological Component;
- Reporting overall progress in the implementation of the meteorology component of the Strategic Plan; and
- Recommending to the Committee priority areas, programmes and activities for cooperation in meteorological research by related experts of the Members.
ACTIVITIES of the WORKING GROUP