In order to coordinate efforts on the implementation of various activities under the Disaster Risk Reduction Component to better support the socio-economic development process in the Typhoon Committee Area and to help accomplish the DRR related goals and objectives in the Strategic Plan, the Typhoon Committee has established the Working Group on Disaster Risk and Reduction (WGDRR) with the following Terms of Reference and operational modalities.
Terms of Reference
The WGDRR will promote cooperation among the Members in the implementation of activities under the Disaster Risk Reduction Component of the Committee’s Strategic Plan with the aim to support the socio-economic development process and enhance cooperation among the Members in all three components. Towards this end, the WGDRR is expected to advise and assist the Committee in:
- Identifying priority issues and areas of cooperation in the Disaster Risk and Reduction Component;
- Promoting and facilitating the exchange of experiences and knowledge on latest developments and techniques related to the above issues and areas;
- Coordinating and implement priority activities and programmes of the Committee aiming at strengthening capacity of the Members in Disaster Risk and Reduction;
- Mobilizing resources to carry out priority activities of the Committee related to the Disaster Risk and Reduction Component;
- Promoting measures for more effective cooperation with other components of work of the Committee, including the development of a conceptual framework on multi-hazard early warning systems and public out-reach programmes;
- Reporting overall progress in the implementation of the DRR component of the Strategic Plan; and
- Recommending to the Committee priority areas, programmes and activities for cooperation in Disaster Risk and Reduction research by related experts of the Members.